Assisting Those Starting and Growing Independent Consultanting
People in all walks of life have turned an expertise, a hobby, a special interest or skill into a lucrative and rewarding enterprise. The number of consultants in a wide variety of areas has mushroomed in recent years, making independent consulting one of the fastest-growing service businesses in the country.
Helping consultants start-up, Sam has held interactive seminars at national society meetings, taught classes at UC Berkeley Extension, and coached starting consultancies. He has helped many to become self-employed and self-empowered professionals. Feedback from those helped has been highly enthusiastic!
Guidance has included:
- Setting realistic goals
- Writing business plans
- Planning for start-up expenses
- Developing marketing strategies for success
- Prospecting for new clients
- Setting-up record-keeping
- Exploring fee-setting and getting paid
- Generating business cards, brochures and web sites
- Introducing legal and tax considerations
Sam first independently consulted in 1975. He has consulted for inventors, start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, outplacement services, and consulting firms.