During his early career, Sam Burd increasingly managed projects that developed successful innovative products. Over the years, he learned what worked and what didn’t in starting, growing, and optimizing innovative ventures.
In 1995, he started lecturing on starting businesses as part of the E-110 Venture Design Class at UC Berkeley. In 2000, Sam co-founded The Spark Group, LLC with the two founders of E-110. The Spark Group assistance included market research, business model analysis, business planning, company structure, source senior management, funding sources, legal ramifications, negotiations, and preparation of VC/Board/agency presentations. This experience honed the methods learned over a lifetime of bringing products to market.
Services provided for starting-up independent companies
or new ventures within existing companies include:
- Evaluating business potential, timing, and market fit.
- Researching markets to maximize business potential.
- Brainstorming sessions help you set strategic goals.
- Optimizing business plans
- Starting-up requirements: what you need and what you can do without.
- Identifying which technologies don’t fit core business.
- Negotiating term sheets, licenses, and letters of understanding.
- Assisting early stage companies in reaching their potential